Seeing the Kills last night, a mere twenty-four hours ago, was amazing.
They took forever to come on, but when they did...
Watching Alison Mosshart move on stage in like watching a cat in a cage. She paced and snarled and got her hair in her mouth and looked at everybody. I could see what nail polish she was wearing and that she was wearing a hair tie around her wrist. Her Jamie-half was equally fantastic. Sliding across the stage and siezuring when he was playing like he was cumming. I know I nearly did. I always knew what Kate Moss saw in him. By the encore, when he was pretending to smash Alison with his guitar and she was laying on one of the speakers he was drenched in sweat.
Real fantastic.
The only thing that damped the evening was the horrible fedora convention that was in town. Citizens for Phoenix! For the love of style, stop wearing fedoras or at least stop wearing shitty glitter-covered fedoras. Even I know better.
And the coolest part, I peed next to Alison Mosshart before the show. Luc, Jimmy, and I thought we saw her wander into the restroom, so I went in after her. I saw her golden boots under the stalls. Then I exited the stall, and washed my hands whilst Ms. Mosshart took her sweet time, I watched her come out of the bathroom, and I kid you not, none of those hipster bitches in the bathroom noticed her except me...She didn't even stop to wash her hands! She just kept her messy head down and left the bathroom. People can be pretty invisible...Wished I had asked her to spare a square!
All in all, they were pretty rock n' roll, which is not something I am usually comfortable saying!
Yes, I peed next to this hotness!
Watching Alison Mosshart move on stage in like watching a cat in a cage. She paced and snarled and got her hair in her mouth and looked at everybody. I could see what nail polish she was wearing and that she was wearing a hair tie around her wrist. Her Jamie-half was equally fantastic. Sliding across the stage and siezuring when he was playing like he was cumming. I know I nearly did. I always knew what Kate Moss saw in him. By the encore, when he was pretending to smash Alison with his guitar and she was laying on one of the speakers he was drenched in sweat.
Real fantastic.
The only thing that damped the evening was the horrible fedora convention that was in town. Citizens for Phoenix! For the love of style, stop wearing fedoras or at least stop wearing shitty glitter-covered fedoras. Even I know better.
And the coolest part, I peed next to Alison Mosshart before the show. Luc, Jimmy, and I thought we saw her wander into the restroom, so I went in after her. I saw her golden boots under the stalls. Then I exited the stall, and washed my hands whilst Ms. Mosshart took her sweet time, I watched her come out of the bathroom, and I kid you not, none of those hipster bitches in the bathroom noticed her except me...She didn't even stop to wash her hands! She just kept her messy head down and left the bathroom. People can be pretty invisible...Wished I had asked her to spare a square!
All in all, they were pretty rock n' roll, which is not something I am usually comfortable saying!
Yes, I peed next to this hotness!

1 comment:
fucking phx scene kids make me want to vomit. no lie. i have never seen as many urban outfitters rejects than at the of montreal show. and you know, i love urban outfitters, but still. ugh.
Post a Comment